Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Am I the marrying type?

I was up all night, thinking of how marriage has become the most talk about thing in the 21st century.

A day hardly goes by without hearing ladies (even guys) talk to their friends about their worries because every person around them is about to tie the knot and they don’t even have anyone interested in them, let alone propose marriage.

The irony of it all is that they do not even have a clue of what ‘Marriage’ is.

What then is the problem? Most people only plan for that day, that precious moment when we they will say ‘I DO’ to that man/woman who will be the one destined for them. When they give their first kiss (as man and Wife that is)....need I say more? The annoying and sad thing is that no one talks about the institution itself?

I am still single..in a semi-serious relationship, that I think would lead to marriage...But I am not looking forward to that day at all, infact i wish that day was yesterday and today we werre (happily) married.

Dont get me wrong, I am totally for marriage I am just not up with the whole fuss attached with the ceremony.

My gf is totally stunned by my stand-point that preaches a simple court wedding ceremony with only our immediate folks in attendance, and I am begining to think if I continue to insist she might beging to change her mind.

There is still my mom whole is patiently waiting for that dream day where she and her gang can show off their latest atires....Her best friend son just got married and they were giving out split units and fridges and Souvenirs. I stood wondering that that how much the asho-ebi must have cost.

Well I just wait till that day, I just hope I wont develop cold feets and not show up.

2 comments:

  1. pls give the princess the day of her dreams o! remember that it is not only about you. so consider her and make she consider you too. una reach middle ground.

    ReplyDelete